Im studying for my English class and dont understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Submit your answers in the same Word document with your answers saved. Name the file as follows: Surname_Name.
You must include references in APA format, three years or less.
Read and answer only the document attached in word
ENG 1102 – Test: Reading comprehension of Distillation.
Name:____Jesus Villafuerte____________________________ Date:_________________
Assignment Instructions for Distillation (pages 132 to 140).
1) Read the following:
a. Before You Read on page 132
b. Distillation by Hugo Martinez Serros (pages 133 to 140).
2) As you read Distillation answer the questions listed below.
3) Answer Making Meanings 1 to 8 on page 143.
4) Answer Reading Check a to e on page 143
5) Complete page 145 Grammar Link
a. Read Verbs make it Vivid (pg. 145)
b. Complete Try It out (pg. 145)
c. Complete Which Word? (pg. 145)
Terms to know before you read:
Metaphor: is a comparison of two things essentially different but with some commonalities; does not use like or as, e.g. Her smile was ice.
Allusion: a reference to a well-known person, place, event, literary work, or work of art to enrich the reading experience by adding meaning.
Dynamic characters are those who undergo change as a result of the storys action.
Static characters do not change they remain the same throughout the story.
As you read Distillation answer the following questions:
1) There is a metaphor on page 134 (hint: near the top of the second column crossing that would reach all that it enveloped.) Write the metaphor below. _____________________________________________________________________________2) Making inferences: Why is there an absence of garbage in the neighborhood on page 135? _____________________________________________________________________________3) Making inferences: Why are the boys still and silent on page 136? _____________________________________________________________________________4) Dynamic Characters – on page 136: How does the word glows suggest that the narrator has grown or changed since the time of these events? Years have changed this are in many ways, but that landscape, like a photo negative glows in memorys light. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________5) Imagery on page 138: What creature does the father resemble here? With a powerful jerk he pulled it up his back and over his head, held out his arms like wings, and we instinctively darted under. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 6) Symbolism on page 140: The wounds that the father sustains in protecting his children reinforce what type of symbolism? Can you think what allusion this could reference? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 7) Dynamic and static characters: Is the character of the narrator dynamic or static? Explain your reasoning. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________8) Use each Words to Own located at the bottom of each page in a sentence. ___________________________________________________________________
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.