I need help with a History question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
1) Elias Hill’s Ku Klux Klan attackers attacked him for, among other things, subscribing to a Republican newspaper?
T or F
2) Mary Church Terrell, in “What It Means to Be Colored in the Capital of the United States,” made which of the following arguments? Select all that apply? ( More than one answer)
African American visitors to Washington, D.C., would have a hard time finding lodging, unless they knew someone who could help.
Despite discrimination toward black Americans, the nation was still living up to its ideals of liberty and freedom
In a city representing the freedom of the nation, blacks had to sit in segregated seating on street cars.
t would be hard for white people to understand the black experience, in which extensive discrimination limited opportunities and thus took away incentives to work hard.
Black Americans were welcomed warmly only in a few public places: restaurants, churches, and stores.
Black women found it difficult to earn a living.
All women, white and black, experienced the same level of job discrimination.
3) Wells acknowledged her three black friends had raped a white woman?
T or F
4) Which of the following is NOT an argument made by W.E.B. Du Bois in his 1903 critique of Booker T. Washington’s ideas? ( more than one answer)
(White) southerners loved Washington for his ideas, whereas he effectively silenced African Americans who were pressing for full equality.
Part of the reason Booker T. Washington became so influential is that his rise to prominence came (a) when the Civil War was becoming a distant memory; and (b) when Americans were astounded by the changes wrought by commerce and industry.
Washington was, in essence, calling for black Americans to submit to whites.
Economic opportunities would not automatically translate into recognition of blacks’ full equality with whites.
African Americans’ only hope under Washington’s program was that at least they still had ample opportunities for higher education and voting rights.
5) According to Booker T. Washington, African Americans should pursue a higher status in the US not through political activism or social protest, but through economic uplift?
T or F
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.