Windows for the house are to be selected by you from a local BC supplier to meet the
minimum thermal performance criteria of R-5.0 (U-0.20).
List the manufacturer and summarized the relevant information for your selected
window including U-value, SHGC and any other criteria you might find useful. (5 marks)
For the selected windows, you will need to evaluate the window frame design on the 9-
point scale covered during the window class and Section 5.9 of the course textbook. To
do this, draw a separate 1:1 scale sketch through the window sill profile and evaluate
the following 9 criteria directly on the drawing (10 marks). Use your chosen window
profile in the detailing of the assemblies.
1. Continuity of water shedding surface (WSS)
2. Continuity of water resistive barrier (WRB)
3. Vertical or sloped water shedding surface
4. Use of continuous compression gaskets for operable vents
5. Use of continuous compression gaskets or shimmed tape at glazing stops
6. Unobstructed drainage path within window between WSS and WRB
7. Capillary break between WSS and WRB
8. Continuous air barrier
9. Durable materials at frame joints
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.