Assignment Question(s):(Marks 10)
Assignment Questions:(Marks 10)
Read the passage below:
Abdullah Alarifi, has completed his Master’s in Business. Abdullah’s is passionate about driving and racing car. Another hobby of Abdullah is body cooking international cuisine. His father has aArabian restaurant in Riyadh. His mother running a beauty salon, while brother has a car rental service.
After MBA Abdullah is planning for his future. He wanted to earn money. He started thinking about how he can start his professional life. He doesn’t want to do any job. He want to do business but how and what business?
Abdullah is confused about what kind of business should he start, traditional or e-commerce? Though his family is running a traditional business, Abdullah has heard and learnt lots about the e-Business and e-marketing. The question heneed to deal with whether he should join his father’s or brother’s business or he should do his own. He is also considering the financial aspects. Should he take from father? Or bank or other sources such as partnership, etc.
Therefore, this is a question with no easy solution. Considering the above situation prepare a Decision Making and Problem Solving Worksheet answering the following question:
Step 1: Defining and Clarifying the Question (1 Mark)
Step 2: Develop mind mapping for the alternative (2 Marks)
Step 3: Generating Alternatives (1 Mark)
Step 4: Variables to consider (1 Mark)
Step 5: Weighing the considerations (2 Mark)
You may notice that the variables to consider are not of equal importance. Therefore, you need to weigh how important each variable is before you make your decision. In this activity, the following rating scale can be used:
Neither important nor unimportant
Not very important
Not important at all
Step 6: Weighing the alternatives (2 mark)
When weighing the various alternatives, how well each alternative fulfills the variables to consider can be expressed as scores. A different rating scale will be used to assess each alternative:
2 very suitable
1 quite suitable
0 neither suitable nor unsuitable
-1 not quite suitable
-2 not suitable at all
Note: Positive numbers ( 2 or 1) indicate that the alternative is able to fulfill the variables, whereas negative numbers (-2 or -1) denote the opposite.
Step 7: Calculating a decision and Overall assessment (1 mark)
[Please answer in the next page]
Assignment Instructions for Part-I:
• Log in to Saudi Digital Library (SDL) via University’s website
• On first page of SDL, choose “English Databases”
• From the list find and click on EBSCO database.
• In the search bar of EBSCO find the following article:
Title: “Better Brainstorming”
Author: Hal Gregersen
Date of Publication:March-April, 2018
Published: Harvard Business Review
Read the article titled as “Better Brainstorming” by Hal Gregersen, published in Harvard Business Review, and answer the following Questions:
1. Summarize the article and explain the main issues discussed in the article. Discuss the three steps of ‘Question burst’ in brainstorming in relation with the text you learnt in the course. (In 600-700 words)(Marks 4)
Part-II- Critical Thinking Question
2. “Critical thinking is the opposite of creative thinking.” Do you agree? Provide examples of why you agree or disagree.(Words 200-400; Marks 3)
3. Suppose you are a member of a group asked to find ways to cut costs throughout your organization for the upcoming year. Sales have fallen sharply, and the company is in danger of going out of business. After gathering information, your group concludes that the company will save the most money by freezing pay for a year, despite a tradition of annual salary increases. How can you make sure this is a fair decision? How can you make sure that others in the organization will see it as a fair decision?(Words 300-400; Marks3)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.