Evolving JournalismPost your answers and reply to at least two classmate’s posts.
This week as you are reading in your text about the news, I’d like you to watch a 1/2 hour local newscast, a 1/2 hour national newscast, and a 1/2 hour of cable news. That’s a total of 90 min of news. I’d like you to analyze each newscast.
Please give the name of each newscast, channel, time and date you watched.
Then proceed to answer each of the following questions about each newscast.
1. Was there a bias or opinion in the reporting or was it strictly factual? Explain and give specific examples.
2. Were there obvious questions a viewer might have about a story that went unanswered?
3. Were any stories sensationalized (media hype)?
4. Did you see any examples of fear tactics being used to entice viewership or scare the viewer unnecessarily? Meaning, the information is not necessarily factual. Think back to the article you read titled “The Media Scares Us and We Like It.”
5. What newscast did you enjoy most (local, national, or cable)?
Just in case you need help knowing the difference between local/national/cable news: local news is something like NBC 7 San Diego. National news is like CBS World News Tonight. Cable news would include FOX News, MSNBC, CNN etc…
6. Reply to at least 2 classmate’s posts
250-350 word to answer the quastions
150-200 words for each reply
Shaping the American ExperienceSo far in this course we have discussed several huge developments from the time Europeans landed on the American continents till about 1750. In your estimation, what event was the most impactful, whether for good or ill, in the shaping of what would become the American experienceYou will not be able to see any posts till you have first posted yourself. For this and all future discussions you are required to respond thoughtfully and respectfully to one of your colleague’s posts 150-200 word for reply25-300-words for discussion
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.