ASSIGNMENT 1: Client Advocacy and Connecting Neurobiology to Psychopharmacological Interventions
An awareness of neurobiology and neurotransmitters establishes the critical basis for mental health professionals to understand the connection between psychopathology and psychopharmacological interventions. Mental health professionals use their awareness of the complex interactions between neurobiology, neurochemistry, and psychotropic medications to conceptualize client concerns and formulate treatment strategies.
For this Assignment, review Suzys case study and consider the function of neurotransmitters and the way client treatment may be affected by these functions. As a mental health professional, how can you help Suzy understand what might be going on in her brain while at the same time advocating for her case?
In a 2 page, APA-formatted paper, include the following:
As a mental health professional, you are called upon to advocate for clients in mental health settings. For this Assignment, imagine you have been called into a panel discussion with the case study team for Suzy. Your plan is to advocate for Suzy through her mental health treatment. In your advocacy for Suzy, address the following:
o Identify which neurotransmitters may be affected in Suzys case and justify your selection based on evidence from the case and the Learning Resources.
o Identify three drugs that could be used to treat Suzys mental health symptoms and explain how these drugs may affect her neurotransmitter function.
o Identify one possible drug of addictive potential that may contribute to her mental health symptoms.
o Explain how your awareness of using the right drugs helps in advocating for clients through mental health treatment.
References (use 3 or more)
· Lichtblau, L. (2011). Psychopharmacology demystified. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar, Cengage Learning.
· Preston, J. D., ONeal, J. H., & Talaga, M. C. (2017). Handbook of clinical psychopharmacology for therapists (8th ed.). Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
· National Institute of Mental Health. (2008). Introduction: Mental health medications. Retrieved from http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/mental-health-medications/index.shtml
· National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. (2014). Brain basics: Understanding sleep. Retrieved on from http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/brain_basics/understanding_sleep.htm#sleep_disorders
· Document: Neurobiology Considerations Case Study: Suzy (PDF)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.