ASSIGNMENT: You are to write a Platonic dialogue of at least three and not more than five pages, double-space with either an 11 or 12 point font. This dialogue should be between Socrates and one other character (you can use anyone, real or invented). Here are the requirements for this dialogue:
(1) Within the dialogue, Socrates and the other character should engage in a discussion over the meaning of some concept (just as Socrates and Euthyphro do in Euthyphro). You can choose from one of the following five concepts for discussion:
If you want to choose a different concept for their discussion, or have some other idea for the paper, please discuss it with me.
(2) Your second character must propose to Socrates at least two (though you may do more) attempted definitions of the concept. [You should mark in some way the proposed definitionsmaybe just write something like definition #1 in parentheses right before the character gives the definition.] Socrates should then employ the Socratic method to demonstrate to the character that both of these definitions are inadequate. This part of the dialogue should include back and forth questions and answers between the two characters about the accuracy of the definition. When writing this part of the dialogue, I want you to demonstrate to me that you understand Socrates method of elenchus (i.e., the Socratic method) and emulate how Socrates proceeds in Euthyphro.
(3) Within your dialogue, you must also have at least one character present an argument for some thesis, with some discussion of the argument by both characters afterward. [Again, you should mark the argument in some way so I can find it easily].
(4) Other than that, you are free to be as creative with the dialogue as possible (trying to emulate Platos style or just developing your own style). You can make your second character docile, or argumentative, or whatever, but try to keep Socrates as close to Platos Socrates as you can.
This paper is worth 100 points. I will break my grading into three points:
· 50 pointsClear demonstration that you understand the Socratic method and that you understand the idea of doing conceptual analysis by presenting potential definitions, offering counterexamples, revising definitions, etc.
· 25 pointsCreativity in your writing, both in its style and in the ideas you present through the mouths of the characters (e.g., you 2nd character provides reasonable false definitions of the concept involved and Socrates gives insightful criticism)
· 25 pointsGrammar, spelling, and language!! Points will be deducted here for grammatical and spelling errors, typos, and general misuse of the English language!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.