Topic: Advance Nursing Ethics and Values
Read the attached Case Presentation scenario. Based on this scenario, write an essay (suggested length of 45 pages) in which you aIDress the following:
A. In an introductory paragraph, briefly describe the major topic areas you will be discussing in the paper.
B. Justify the importance of ethical theory (i.e., Utilitarianism, Deontology/Kantianism, Virtue Ethics, Moral Particularism) to nursing.
1. Provide one example that shows the importance of ethical theory as it applies to nursing practice.
C. Relate the principle of confidentiality to the concept of reasonable limits.
1. Explain the elements of the principle of confidentiality.
2. Summarize the elements of the concept of reasonable limits.
3. Provide a rationale for breaking confidentiality.
4. Based on reasonable limits, justify keeping or breaking confidentiality.
D. Identify how to resolve conflict between two or more ethical principles.
1. Summarize one ethical principle that would be in conflict if confidentiality were broken in the given case.
2. Explain an appropriate ethical theory that could support the decision to keep or to break confidentiality.
E. Discuss the influence of culture on values.
1. Compare and contrast the cultural values related to confidentiality for the Z family and for the providers (nurse and physician).
2. Propose two nursing interventions that could help reduce or resolve the ethical conflict of keeping or breaking confidentiality.
F. Identify one ethical decision-making model used by masters-prepared nurses in the delivery of healthcare.
1. Describe the steps in your selected ethical decision-making model.
2. Apply your selected decision-making model to the given case to determine a decision for resolving the confidentiality conflict.
G. Cite at least 10 professional, scholarly sources in your paper.
H. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the attached Rubric Terms.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.